Three Winning Qualities the Best Professional Poker Players Have
Many Poker players earn a significant amount of money winning poker tournaments. Enough money that they can quit their jobs. If you look at the earnings some of these players have raked in, it’s clear you can turn poker into a career. Here are just a few:
- Phil Hellmuth: Total live tournament winnings top $20 million.
- Phil Ivey: Total live tournament winnings top $23 million.
- Daniel Negreanu: Total live tournament winnings top $32 million.
- Brian Rast: Total live tournament winnings top $19 million.
- Erik Seidel: Total live tournament winnings top $29 million.
They Play Poker All the TimeProfessional poker players play poker online, in casinos, and in live and online tournaments all the time. They play with friends in their downtime and participate in tournaments regularly. Many online casinos offer tournaments with very small buy-ins and low stakes to get you started. Try these first and see how well you do. As you build your skills, try bigger tournaments and work your way up. The key is to keep playing regularly and record your wins and losses for tracking purposes.
They Know Poker is More Than a GameOne thing that many professional poker players say is that they never thought they’d quit their job and make a living playing poker. They started with a steady job or focused on getting a degree, and poker was simply a hobby. With more games under their belt, they discovered they had skills that made them a good player. Many of them used poker to supplement their income, not to replace it. They didn’t immediately dive into the world of poker with no plans for a career and education.
They Know That Losses Are Bound to HappenEvery professional player knows you cannot win them all. You’re going to lose a hand from time to time. The trick to a loss is to not bet more than you budgeted. Never enter a game without having a budget set in stone. Professional players stick to a daily budget and never bet more than they planned. When they do face a loss, their money management skills ensure the bad beat isn’t the end of the world or the reason they’ll go bankrupt. Many online casinos have live dealer and online poker games you can use to hone your skills. Sign up for free and take advantage of deposit bonuses to boost your casino balance with free money. By playing frequently against a range of players, you’ll quickly find out if you have what it takes to become a professional player.
Big winnings News
- Caribbean Hold'em Pays Huge Bovada Casino Win January 4, 2021
- One Lucky Player Rings in a $3,000 New Year December 27, 2020
- An Early Christmas From WinADay Casino December 6, 2020
- Christmas comes early for two players at Intertops December 6, 2020
- Strike Gold Player Wins $82,000 October 12, 2020
- Lucky Ignition Casino Player Lands $158K Progressive Jackpot August 10, 2020
- Cafe Casino Player Takes Home $75,000 August 10, 2020
- Windfall at Liberty Slots for Recently Widowed Woman August 10, 2020
- 3 Days, 3 Players, $300,000 at Black Oak Casino August 10, 2020
- Wild Wins for One Liberty Slots Player October 6, 2019